- Verified that oil pressure will steadily go low enough to turn on red oil pressure light and reset p0521. there are three things that can cause low oil pressure with this engine design. the oil pressure filter screen can be plugged, the oil pressure relief valve in oil pan can be slightly sticking open. the oil pump could be weak. there may already be engine damage from running on low oil pressure. safest thing to do is replace the engine. the engine oil pressure may never come back to new levels, but we can also do a little more exploring with screen and pressure relief valve.
- Replace headlight bulb LF
- Do not roll down passenger front window.
- removed the oil pressure switch and replaced the screen under the sensor. there was some debris in screen but noi substantial. recommend doing the next step which is the oil sump screen clean and replacing the pressure relief valve iin oil pan.
- removed parts to remove oil pan. replaced the oil pressure relief valve. removed oil pickup and thoroughly cleaned the screens. also cleaned oil pan very good. there was a small metal piece in oil pan, and appeared to be a broken piece of a roller bearing or needle. Reassembled with new gaskets and oil filter. oil pressure did not go under 30 psi entire time testing after repair= while testing.
- no indication of bearing issues found at this time. continue to monitor. there may be an oil leak at front axle or possibly rear main seal. this is a DOD engine and it is still active.
Dustin W. gave our service a 5 star review on 2/3/2023