- 1. Lubricate and checked chassis. Changed oil and oil filter. Checked all fluid levels and topped off fluids that needed topped. Checked the tire pressure to 32 PSi. 2. Tire tread depth – LF _9_/32, RF _9_/32, RR _10_/32, LR _10_/32. 3. TIRE ROTATION – Yes 4. Preformed basic safety inspection. Job Completed.
- Rotated tires front to back. Currently Front tires are _10_/32 and Rear Tires are _9_/32. Inspected the brake pads for wear. The front has _10__MM pad life left and the rear has _10__MM Pad/Shoe life left. Brake Inspection and Tire Rotation completed.
- Air filter dirty black. No leaks found. No other obvious indicators of oil consumption.
- Duplicated customer concern. Also observed tightness in steering with engine off and truck raised. Steering difficult to turn at wheels. Disconnected intermediate steering shaft and wheels much easier to turn. U-joints on I-shaft rusted tight.
- Removed and plugged the tire. Now at right rear. Job completed.
- Diagnosis led to failed u-joints in i-shaft
Kellie S. gave our service a 5 star review on 4/4/2023